Jaws – Soundtrack (John Williams ) Double Vinyl LP
Jaws – Music From The Motion Picture 2XLP . Composed and Conducted by John Williams. Artwork by Phantom City Creative. Music Restored, Mixed, Edited & Mastered by Mike Matessino. Additional Engineering for Vinyl by James Plotkin. Liner Notes by Mike Matessino. Pressed on 2X 180 Gram Black Vinyl. Featuring audio never before available on vinyl.
One of the finest achievements in film music and quite possibly the most iconic score of all time, John Williams’ score to JAWS is absolutely essential for soundtrack collectors.
While the Grammy-winning 1975 MCA album was a re-recording, our 2X Vinyl set presents the entire Academy Award-winning score as composed and recorded for the actual film in its first-ever vinyl release. Album co-producer Mike Matessino restored, edited and mixed the music from the original studio elements for the best possible quality, approved by the composer himself.
John Williams won a much-deserved Oscar for his work on JAWS, with a score that not only manages to accentuate the terror of the onscreen action without resorting to cheap stingers, but also layers in beautifully understated cues to offset the horror with much needed relief. Quiet and calm one minute, then ratcheting up the tension with screaming strings the next when the great white attacks.
180g BLACK VINYL
01. Jaws – Main Title (0:59)
02. The First Victim (1:45)
03. Remains On The Beach (0:59)
04. The Empty Raft (Extended Version) (1:45)
05. The Pier Incident (2:30)
06. Father And Son (Film Version) (1:59)
07. The Alimentary Canal (1:58)
08. Ben Gardner’s Boat (3:33)
09. Montage (1:35)
10. Into The Estuary (2:53)
11. Out To Sea (Film Version) (1:01)
12. Tug On The Line (2:39)
13. Man Against Beast (Film Version) (5:34)
14. Quint’s Tale (2:48)
15. Brody Panics (1:16)
16. Barrel Off Starboard (1:41)
17. Great Chase (3:02)
18. Shark Tows Orca (0:41)
19. Three Barrels Under (2:17)
20. From Bad To Worse (1:07)
21. Quint Thinks It Over (1:14)
22. The Shark Cage Fugue (2:02)
23. The Shark Approaches (Film Version) (0:53)
24. The Shark Hits The Cage (2:03)
25. Quint Meets His End (1:27)
26. Blown To Bits (3:17)
27. Jaws – End Title (1:57)