Release Date Friday 17th July
All pre orders will be dispatched/made ready for collection on that date.
ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK
Music by Barry Gray
Double LP In Gatefold Sleeve on Sky Blue Vinyl £25.99
1. Thunderbirds Main Titles
2. The Hood and London Airport – Trapped in the Sky
3. Tracy Island and Thunderbirds Are Go!
4. Fireflash Landing – Trapped in the Sky
5. Tracy Lounge Piano – Trapped in the Sky
6. Penny in Paris – The Perils of Penelope
7. International Rescue to the Rescue – The Perils of Penelope
8. Monorail Drama – The Perils of Penelope
1. Espionage on the French Riviera – The Man from MI5
2. Sidewinder – Pit of Peril
3. The Pit – Pit of Peril
4. Recovery – Pit of Peril
5. A Night in Spoke City – 30 Minutes After Noon
6. Expedition – Desperate Intruder
7. The Hood vs International Rescue – Desperate Intruder
8. Evil Plan – Edge of Impact
9. Tower of Terror – Edge of Impact
1. Avalanche – End of the Road
2. Eddie on Tracy Island – End of the Road
3. The Rescue – End of the Road
4. Christmas with the Tracy Family – Give or Take a Million
5. San Miguel Bridge – Move and You’re Dead
6. Finding the Fireflash- Operation Crash Dive
7. KLA Collision – Ricochet
8. The Launch – Sun Probe
9. Heading for the Sun – Sun Probe
1. The Cass Carnaby Set – The Cham-Cham
2. Dangerous Game – The Cham-Cham
3. Jeremiah – The Impostors
4. The Pyramid of Khamandides – The Uninvited
5. The Vault – Vault of Death
6. Light-Fingered Fred – Vault of Death
7. San Martino – Path of Destruction
8. World Exclusive Foiled – Terror in New York City
9. Ned Cook in Trouble – Terror in New York City
10. Thunderbird 4 – Terror in New York City
11. Thunderbirds End Titles
Thunderbirds is the third in the SILVA SCREEN series from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson’s iconic TV shows. It is newly compiled, mastered and designed by the creative team at Fanderson (The Official Gerry and Sylvia Anderson Appreciation Society), who have access to Barry Gray’s original studio tapes.
Following releases of the UFO and Supercar soundtracks, Thunderbirds is the third in the series from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson’s iconic TV shows. It is newly compiled, mastered and designed by the creative team at Fanderson (The Official Gerry and Sylvia Anderson Appreciation Society), who have access to Barry Gray’s original studio tapes.
The album features 37 tracks from 19 episodes (series 1 and 2), including the Thunderbirds main theme and closing titles. The tracks were not programmed to follow the episode order but to achieve an integrated listening experience. The best bits of the sixties’ soundscapes are here. The Thunderbirds soundtrack is an effective time capsule as Gray’s music veers into British spy genre, Latin pop, exotica, urban jazz and military marches. Beautifully composed and conducted, the score reflects the moods of the scenes, from dangerous to romantic and no-nonsense to silly.
Barry Gray was a classically trained composer and a versatile musician, and was amongst the first composers to use electronic instruments in music for television. Best known for creating the music for most of the Gerry & Sylvia Anderson television series in the 1960’s and 70’s (Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds, UFO, Space:1999), Barry Gray’s complete musical opus is still not commercially available in its entirety.