The Boo Radleys - Eight
The Boo Radleys have announced details of a brand-new studio album, as well as the 30th Anniversary reissue of their lauded, landmark 1993 album, Giant Steps. Given encouragement by the tremendous reception of last year’s live return and first
album in more than two decades, the three-piece return quickly to release Seeker, the first cut from June’s new long-player, Eight.
Marking perhaps their busiest ever year in 2023, the band makes up for lost time having been missing from the musical map since 1998 prior to reforming in 2021 and releasing their seventh album, Keep On With Falling, last March. Keen to celebrate the past as well as the present, the announcement that Giant Steps, the Creation Records album that, for many, cemented their legacy as one of Britain’s greatest yet unsung bands will delight fans keen to complete their collections.
Cherished, critically acclaimed and confrontational in its genre-ambiguity, the album will re-emerge on vinyl, CD and digital formats later this year. Bringing their story to the present, The Boo Radleys new single, Seeker, introduces the band’s eighth album, set for release on Fri 9 June 2023 on the band’s own Boostr label. Where last year’s album, joyful in tone yet brooding with heavyweight lyrical themes, came together as an exploration of the isolated ideas of each member, Eight is, according to vocalist and co-songwriter, Sice formed of songs recorded “purposefully to appear together on an album.” Before adding, “There is also a greater depth of integration, which means that it’s more difficult to tell which member of the band the song originated with.”
Reflecting on Seeker, the new album’s opening track, written about leaning on those we trust to share life’s highs and lows, bassist and co-songwriter, Tim Brown says: “This song started out as a three-chord synth pop tune and mutated into a brassy bop courtesy of trumpeter, Nick Etwell. The electric guitar flourishes were added by Louis Smith before Sice added layers of backing vocals which help drive the song along and bring it to its joyful conclusion.”
CD & LP
2. The Unconscious
4. Skeleton Woman
5. Sorrow (I just want to be free)
6. Sometimes I sleep
7. Swift’s requiem
8. The way I am
9. A shadow darker than the rest
10. Wash away that feeling
11. When I find it hard
12. Now that’s what I call obscene
13. How was I to know
1. Seeker (Full Version)
2. Skeleton Woman (Extended Version)
3. Sometimes I Sleep (Alternative Version)
4. A Shadow Darker Thank The Rest (Piano Version)
5. The Hollow (Alternative Version)
6. I Won't Be There With You
7. That Ain't A Way Of Life
8. Now I Know
9. All Thing Must Pass - Live At The Cavern 2022
10. Spaniard - Live At The Cavern 2022
11. Find The Answer Within - Live At The Cavern 2022
Thank you for looking at our listing, below are a few points to consider before making a purchase:
- All records we sell are Brand New - pre-orders will normally come sealed but if you are purchasing in stock items, please note the copy may have been unsealed for display in the shop. Please email straight after purchase to enquire if this is of importance to you.
- Orders won't ship until all items are released, so keep this in mind when purchasing multiple pre-orders or a mix of in stock and pre-order items.
- The 'Product' page will show the most up to date info we have with regards to the item and its release date, but this information is subject to change so check in with us if you have any questions.
- We unfortunately don't offer tax/vat outside of the UK via the website so please keep in mind that when the items arrives in your country you may be liable to pay a further charge before delivery. (all UK orders the price you see is the price you will pay). Please also note that we are unable to adjust the declared value on items sold internationally.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.