Release date Friday 29th October
All pre orders will be dispatched/made ready for collection once stock arrives.
1. SUNDAY BEST featuring Kojey Radical, Joel Culpepper & Knucks
2. SECOND GUESS featuring Maverick Sabre
3. WHAT MORE featuring Greentea Peng
4. LESSON TO MY SEED featuring Kojey Radical and Joel Culpepper
5. BLOW YA TRUMPET featuring Knucks, Ghetts, Akala & Kojey Radical
6. DARKEST HOUR featuring Poppy Ajudha & Daley
7. LOST featuring Loyle Carner, Kojey Radical, JNR Williams
8. NO BLACK, NO IRISH featuring Maverick Sabre and Joel Culpepper
9. HOW I’VE BEEN feat Joy Crooks, Jnr Williams, Loyle Carner & Kojey Radical
For the South-London raised composer Swindle, 2020’s global COVID-19 response managed to drive the impetus for his latest LP THE NEW WORLD, which unapologetically ushers in introspection, community and liberation into the ether. Initially numbed by the early pandemic and its halting of the music business, Swindle fought back, employing an “avengers equivalent” roster of Black British musical talent to craft his No More Normal follow up. “Everyone felt the same,” Swindle recalls. “We all just had to re-group. A retreat to figure this sh*t out and how we’re going to enter the new world.”
Recorded in just a week alongside Akala, Knucks, Ghetts, Daley, Greentea Peng, Joel Culpepper, Joy Crooks, JNR Williams, Kojey Radical Loyle Carner, Maverick Sabre and Poppy Ajudha, nine releases were conceptualised and recorded which personified ruminations experienced during the first England lockdown and aspirations for their future selves.
Swindle and his comrades refuse to shy away from their latent realities, honing in on death, love and grief across the project. The album will be accompanied by a visual narrative through videos, artwork, street art & canvas
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.