Release Date Friday 27th October 2023
All pre-orders will be dispatched/made ready for collection on that date
Multi-platinum musician, GRAMMY®-Nominated songwriter, and multi-faceted artist
V V Brown is back with her fourth studio album Am I Black British yet? This is a groundbreaking exploration of black identity. This cutting edge project features influences from James Baldwin, Erykah Badu, Soul to Soul, Roots Manoeuvre, and Windrush generation poets. Showcasing her Jamaican and Black British heritage through genre blurring soundscapes, V V Brown has crafted an innovative musical experience that refuses the status quo.
This collaborative masterpiece was meticulously crafted between two musical powerhouses from opposite sides of the globe - J Sensible, hailing from the land down under, and Milton Keynes representing the UK. Despite being miles apart, they've managed to create a breathtaking album that It's a cultural and sociological exploration into Black Britishness that transcends time and generations. A fusion of artists young and old come together to share their experiences with V V Brown leading the charge with
her stunning vocals.
This album marks a pivotal moment for Black British music, forging a deep connection to history while exuding a present-day feel that will certainly stand the test of time. Get ready to be mesmerised by this musical journey that you won't want to miss adding to your music collection.
Standard CD / Digital
- Break of the night
- I will always be black
- Black British
- Let us remember by
- Am I British Yet?
- No fear
- Go back to where you came from
- Just be
- Swallowing my pride
Break of the night
I will always be black
Let us remember by
Am I British Yet?
Go back to where you came from
Swallowing my pride
Thank you for looking at our listing, below are a few points to consider before making a purchase:
- All records we sell are Brand New - pre-orders will normally come sealed but if you are purchasing in stock items, please note the copy may have been unsealed for display in the shop. Please email straight after purchase to enquire if this is of importance to you.
- Orders won't ship until all items are released, so keep this in mind when purchasing multiple pre-orders or a mix of in stock and pre-order items.
- The 'Product' page will show the most up to date info we have with regards to the item and its release date, but this information is subject to change so check in with us if you have any questions.
- We unfortunately don't offer tax/vat outside of the UK via the website so please keep in mind that when the items arrives in your country you may be liable to pay a further charge before delivery. (all UK orders the price you see is the price you will pay). Please also note that we are unable to adjust the declared value on items sold internationally.